This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: they are full or empty 2 1/4/12 Why Do We Want to Eat?
• Hormones: chemical messengers
secreted into the bloodstream by
endocrine glands to help regulate body
内分泌腺 Why Do We Want to Eat?
• Foods have differing effects on our
feelings of hunger
– Proteins have the highest satiety value
– High-fat diets have a higher satiety value
than high-carbohydrate diets
– Bulky meals high in fiber and water distend the
stomach and promote a sense of satiety
View Full Document