This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: commendation about a job candidate whose
performance was poor?
9. How can you avoid sounding insincere when writing a
10. What are some of the guidelines for writing condolence
messages? Apply Your Knowledge
1. Why is it good practice to explain why replying to a request
could benefit the reader?
2. Your company’s error cost an important business customer
a new client; you know it, and your customer knows it. Do
you apologize, or do you refer to the incident in a positive
light without admitting any responsibility? Briefly explain.
3. You’ve been asked to write a letter of recommendation for
an employee who worked for you some years ago. You recall
that the employee did an admirable job, but you can’t
remember any specific information at this point. Should
you write the letter anyway? Explain.
4. Every time you send a direct-request e-mail message to Ted
Jackson, who works in another department in your
company, he delays or refuses to comply. You’re beginning
to get impatient. Should you send Jackson a memo to ask
what’s wrong? Complain to your...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 03/24/2013 for the course ECON 830 taught by Professor Shahlasultaova during the Fall '12 term at Khazar University.
- Fall '12