This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ut
how you can be reached (if it isn’t obvious), and (3) an
expression of appreciation or goodwill. 4 marketing and customer relationship information.
Third, end your message with a courteous close that indicates to your audience members that you have their
best interests at heart. 46053 C PHNJ B&E A B PN 23 C/M/Y/K DESIGN SERVICES OF M09_BOVE5352_09_SE_C08.QXD 238 PART 3 5/17/07 12:59 PM Page 238 Crafting Brief Messages Test Your Knowledge • Would you be able to ship the microwaves by August 1. When is a request routine?
2. What are some of the guidelines for asking a series of
questions in a routine request?
3. What information should be included in an order request?
4. Should you use the direct or indirect approach for most
routine messages? Why?
5. Where in a routine message should you state your actual
6. How does a claim differ from an adjustment?
7. How does the question of fault affect what you say in a
message granting a claim?
8. What is the appropriate strategy for responding to a request
for a re...
View Full Document
- Fall '12