Unformatted text preview: Postal Service, the publisher
and possibly a distributor of the book, a credit card issuer, and a company that processes
credit card transactions. Any one of these other partners might be at fault, but the customer
is likely to blame Amazon.com because that is the entity that receives the customer’s pay- 46053 C PHNJ B&E A B PN 228 C/M/Y/K DESIGN SERVICES OF M09_BOVE5352_09_SE_C08.QXD 5/17/07 12:59 PM Page 229 C HAPTER 8 ✓ Writing Routine and Positive Messages 229 CHECKLIST: Granting Claims and Adjustment Requests A. Responding when your company is at fault
• Be aware of your company’s policies in such cases
before you respond.
• For serious situations, refer to the company’s crisis
• Start by acknowledging receipt of the claim or
• Take or assign personal responsibility for resolving
• Sympathize with the customer’s frustration.
• Explain how you have resolved the situation
(or plan to).
• Take steps to repair the customer relationship.
• Verify your response with the customer and keep the
lines of communication open. B. Responding wh...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 03/24/2013 for the course ECON 830 taught by Professor Shahlasultaova during the Fall '12 term at Khazar University.
- Fall '12