Unformatted text preview: Approach,
Fifth Edition, Morgan Kaufmann / Elsevier, New Delhi, 2011. <System design
S. Keshav: Computer Networking: An Engineering Approach, Pearson
Education, New Delhi, 1997.
A. S. Tanenbaum: Computer Networks, Fifth Edition, Pearson Education, New
Delhi, 2012. <Conceptual Approach>
Y. Zheng and S. Akhtar: Networks for Computer Scientists and Engineers,
Oxford University Press, New York, 2002. <Structural approach>
A. Leon Garcia and I. Widjaja: Communication Networks: Fundamental
Concepts and Key Architectures, Second Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi,
Mohammed G. Gouda: Elements of Network Protocol Design, Wiley Student
Edition, John Wiley & Sons (Pte.) Ltd., Singapore, 2004.
Thomas G. Robertazzi: Computer Networks and Systems: Queuing Theory and
Performance Evaluation, Third Edition, Springer-Verlag, New York, 2000.
<Analytical approach> 21/01/13 (c) Dr. Rahul Banerjee, BITS Pilani, INDIA 28 Summary • Intranet: Completely private network of networks
– Mobile • Hybrid • The Internet: Global public network of networks
– Mobile • Hybrid • Extranet: Intranets interconnected via the Internet
Monday, 21 January 13 (c) Dr. Rahul Banerjee, BITS- Pilani, INDIA (c) ITS Pilani, 29
29 Concluding remarks
• Networking support of some kind is already inside most of the operaPng systems we use today in variety of forms on Notebooks, Laptops, WorkstaPons and Servers. All Smart- phones and several set- top boxes support it too. • Subsequent lectures shall introduce you to the following topics: •
• 21/01/13 Network Architectures Performance Quality of Service Reliability Security (c) Dr. Rahul Banerjee, BITS Pilani, INDIA 30 References •
• Larry L. Peterson & Bruce S. Davie: Computer...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 03/28/2013 for the course CSIS CSC461 taught by Professor Rahulbanerjee during the Spring '13 term at Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani - Hyderabad.
- Spring '13