This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ce from the TA or fellow students. You are
strongly encouraged to follow this advice! 12 Preparation for Next Lab
Each student needs to dry a sample of solid calcium carbonate for the EDTA laboratory.
1. Each student must half fill one vial with pure calcium carbonate.
2. Place the uncapped vial in a beaker. Write your name on the white frosted area of
the beaker with a graphite pencil and place it in the oven. Do not use paper
labels on your vial or beaker. Cover the beaker with a watch glass.
3. Dry the sample in the oven for 1.5 hours. Do not adjust the temperature on the
oven. The temperature on the oven has been preset and will heat to the correct
temperature when the door remains closed.
4. After removing your sample from the oven, let it cool until it is warm but safe to
5. After the sample has cooled carefully, place the beaker containing the uncapped
vial in the desiccator until needed. Be careful not to touch the vial with your
Make sure that you label the vial! 13 Safety, Clean-u...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 04/09/2013 for the course CHE CHE 2C taught by Professor Nasiri during the Spring '07 term at UC Davis.
- Spring '07