This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ot just food source
Was clip shocking/disturbing to you? Why?
Issue of animal cruelty/cultural relativism and its limits
Consumption of blood in our own society
Masai and tourism
Issue of exoticization and commodification of Masai practices
• Production of plants using non-mechanized
• Plant and harvest with simple tools (hoe, digging
stick), without use of animals, irrigation, or plows
• Does not use fields year after year, but allows them
to recover through fallow
• Produces a lower yield per acre and uses less human
labor than mechanized agriculture
• Does not produce surpl...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 04/22/2013 for the course ANTH 1003 taught by Professor Demovic during the Spring '07 term at LSU.
- Spring '07