Chapter 1 - 2
1. Who are the Socs? Who are the Greasers?The Socs are rich kids from the west side.The greasers are lower
2. How is Ponyboy different from the other members of his gang? He enjoys reading and school.
3. How does Ponyboy’s relationship with Darry and Sodapop differ? Explain. Soda treats ponyboy good and
Darry is like a father .
4. What does the reader learn about what happened to Johnny before the story began? He was attacked by the
5. What happens to Ponyboy when he walks home from the movies? He gets attacked by the Socs.
6. What is the difference between “tuff” and “tough”? Tuff is when something looks good and tough is how you
can explain someone by.
7. How does Ponyboy relate to Pip from Great Expectations?
9. Why doesn’t Ponyboy like referring to Sodapop as a ‘dropout’?
Chapter 3 - 4
1. What does Cherry explain as the difference between the Socs and the greasers? The Greasers are emotionally
sensitive.Socs hide behind their “cool” status.
2. What happens when Pony comes home after his curfew? Darry screams at Ponyboy and Ponyboy screamed at
darry cause he screamed at Soda and darry hit Ponyboy.