Unformatted text preview: in nature. As the child ages,
the child’s sounds become purposeful.
1. Reflexive sounds (08weeks) burps,yawns, etc. 2. Controlled sounds (616 weeks) – cooing and gooing.
3. Expansion (46 months)–greater control
4. Control of speech sounds (58)– marginal babbling
5. True babbling (610 months)
6. Advanced forms (1018 months) – combine sounds meaningfully and demonstrate awareness of melodic patterns of native speech when using jargon.
For audio examples of babbling and advanced forms please visit http://www.vocaldevelopment.com/ Nurture and the communication environment?
What role do caregivers play in the child’s
language Early language fou...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 04/27/2013 for the course ECON 102 taught by Professor Kim during the Fall '08 term at University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.
- Fall '08