Unformatted text preview: Compaq Computer for $25 billion in
• Walter Hewlett, son of HP founder Bill Hewlett and a board member, announces
plans to fight the Compaq purchase.
• The Packard Foundation announces its opposition to the acquisition.
• After a grueling six-month proxy fight with Walter Hewlett, HP declares victory
in the Compaq battle with a narrow win. Fiorina timeline at HP ...continued
Monday, Feb 21, 2005 , Kansas City Star
• HP reports better-than-expected fourth-quarter results from stronger sales and post-merger cost-cutting.
• Fiorina says the target of achieving $3 billion in savings from the acquisition of Compaq is a year ahead of
• HP's third qua...
View Full Document
- Spring '12
- Firm, Achieving Acquisition Success