Unformatted text preview: erative Strategy
• Cooperative Strategy
– A strategy in which firms work together to achieve a
shared • Cooperating with other firms is a strategy that:
– Creates value for a customer.
– Exceeds the cost of constructing customer value in other
– Establishes a favorable position relative to competitors.
– Platform for M&A
• 1974: Peugeot take a 38.2 percent stake in Citroen
• 1976: Peugeot takes complete control of Citroen
1–37 Strategic Alliance
• A primary type of cooperative strategy in which
firms combine some of their resources and
capabilities to create a mutual competitive
– Involves the exchange and sharing of resources and
capabilities to co-develop or distribute goods and
• Microsoft and Telstra
• Fiat and Chrysler – Requires cooperative behavior from all partners.
– Siemens AG and Corning Inc. form Siecor (1977)
Microsoft and Qualcomm form Wireless Knowledge
Sony and Ericsson
1–38 Strategic Alliance Firm A Firm B Resources
Core Competencies Resources
Core Competencies Combined
Core Competencies Mut...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 04/28/2013 for the course MGMT 491 taught by Professor S.cho during the Spring '12 term at Washington State University .
- Spring '12