Unformatted text preview: ricing decisions by
observing other firm’s actions and
• E.g. Price coordination between
– Cereal industry
– United, American and British Air 1–49 Performance Assessment of Cooperative Strategies • Complementary business-level strategic alliances,
especially the vertical ones (between a large and
small firm—small firms contributes at a specific point
in value chain), have the greatest probability of
creating a sustainable competitive advantage.
• Horizontal complementary alliances are sometimes
difficult to maintain because they are often between rival
• Competitive advantages gained from competition and
uncertainty reducing strategies tend to be temporary.
1–50 THANK YOU 6–51 Agenda we followed: 1. Explain the popularity of acquisition strategies in firms competing in
the global economy.
2. Discuss reasons why firms use an acquisition strategy to achieve
View Full Document
- Spring '12
- Firm, Achieving Acquisition Success