Final Exam vA
University of California, San Diego
Department of Mathematics
1. Write your
on the front of your Blue Book.
2. No calculators or other electronic devices are allowed during this exam.
3. You may use one page of notes, but no books or other assistance during this exam.
4. Read each question carefully, and answer each question completely.
5. Write your solutions clearly in your Blue Book
(a) Carefully indicate the number and letter of each question.
(b) Present your answers in the same order they appear in the exam.
(c) Start each question on a new page.
6. Show all of your work; no credit will be given for unsupported answers.
1. (10 points) The graph below is the graph of
of the function
The area of region
is 6, the area of region
is 4, and the area of region
(1) = 3, what is
(b) Find the absolute maximum value of
) on the interval [1
6] and indicate at which