Lab 3 Assessment Questions
1. What are the three fundamental elements of an effective access control solution for information
Identification, Authentication, and Authorization
2. What two access controls can be setup for a Windows Server 2003 folders and authentication?
Authentication and Access control.
3. lf you can browse a file on a Windows network share but are not able to copy it or modify it what
type of access controls and permissions are probably configured? What type of Access Control would
best describe this access control situation?
List Folder Contents – Security Policy based control.
4. What is the mechanism on a Windows Server where you can administer granular policies and
permissions on a Windows network using role-based access?
Group Policy Editor
5. What is two-factor authentication and why is it an effective access control technique?
Two Factor uses two of the three characteristics in Authentication types (Knowledge, Ownership,