Unformatted text preview: n
• Know the quickest route to the nearest
• Two is better than one
• Pay close attention to there vitals
• NEVER let them transport themselves NEVER Transport a Person If. . .
• Unsure of the injury or illness
• Has or may develop a life threatening
• T ransportation may cause additional
injury Reaching and Moving. . .
An Injured Person…Exceptions
• Faced with immediate danger
Risk of explosion
Risk of a collapsing structure
Lack of oxygen
Scene not safe Reaching and Moving. . .
An Injured Person…Exception
• Faced with two injured people
• Giving CPR, needs a flat firm surface Emergency Moves
• Walking Assist
• Pack-Strap Carry
• Two-Person Seat Carry
• Clothes Drag
• Blanket Drag
• Foot Drag The Pack Strap Carry Two- Person Seat Carry Clothes Drag Carry Blanket Drag Checking a Conscious Person ༉ Checking a...
View Full Document
- Fall '12
- Consciousness, person