Unformatted text preview: is wrong? Call
• Calling 9-1-1 is the most important
action you can take.
• This will start emergency
medical help Call First or Care First?
• “Only person at the scene,” you should
shout for help.
• Then decide weather to Call First or
Care First. Call First Situations
IF YOU ARE ALONE:
• Unconscious adult or adolescent
(12 years or older)
• Sudden collapse of a child or infant
that you witnessed
• Unconscious infant or child known to
have heart problems.
• Usually cardiac emergencies Care First Situations
IF YOU ARE ALONE
• Victim is drowning
• Did not witness a collapse of an
unconscious person younger then 12
• Often related to breathing emergencies Care
• Before giving care check the scene and
• You may have to give care until EMS
arrives. Guide Lines of Giving Care
• Do no further harm
• Monitor breathing and consciousness
• Make sure they are comfortable
• Keep the person from getting chilled or
• Give any specific care needed
• Reassure the person Transporting The Injured Perso...
View Full Document
- Fall '12
- Consciousness, person