Unformatted text preview: e same CA,
then there is a common trust of that CA
• User certificates can be placed in the
directory for access by all users.
• Or a user can transmit his or her
certificate directly to other users.
– In either case, once B is in possession of A's
certificate, B has confidence that messages it
encrypts with A's public key will be secure
from eavesdropping and that messages
signed with A's private key are unforgeable Public Key Certificates
• If there is a large community of users, it
may not be practical for all users to
subscribe to the same CA
• Because it is the CA that signs
certificates, each participating user must
have a copy of the CA's own public key to
• This public key must be provided to each
user in an absolutely secure X.509...
View Full Document
- Fall '12