This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: and
transfer of encryption keys.
− The SSL Record protocol is a protocol for transferring encrypted
data (SSL (Secure Socket Layer
• transport layer security service
• subsequently became Internet standard
known as TLS (Transport Layer Security)
• uses TCP to provide a reliable end-to-end
• SSL has two layers of protocols SSL Architecture Handshake protocol in SSL Secure Socket Layer Cont..
• • • •
• The client sends a "hello" message to the Web server, and
the server responds with a copy of its digital certificate.
The client decrypts the server's public key using the wellknown public key of the Certificate Authority such as
The client generates two random numbers that will be used
for symmetric key encryption, o...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 06/03/2013 for the course IS e.g.101 taught by Professor Dr.mahmoudmostafa during the Fall '12 term at Ain Shams University.
- Fall '12