This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: the goal of
having everything completed within 80 days to give us 10 days at the end to make final corrections.
Action: By dividing all the different contractors into three main teams and having three project managers controlling
the three teams I was able to create a more efficient and effective work timetable and ensure that downtime was kept to
Result: As a result of this more efficient working time we completed the job on time and reduced costs by 15%. This
new way of dividing contractors into smaller teams has now been implemented into standard work procedure and seen
a reduction in overall costs.
(Question is asked to a student or graduate)
“Tell me about a time during school when you displayed good leadership skills.”
(Situation) “As a senior member of the debating team, (Task) I noticed that the team performance and moral was
being deteriorated due to fighting between two members of the team. (Action) I decided to speak one on one with each
individual away from the groups in order to create an environment where they could trust me and open up to me with
the issues. (Result) After speaking with both individuals I was able to convince them to meet face to face and sort out
the issues with me as the mediator as opposed to getting teachers involved. As a result the two individuals were able to
sort out their differences, shake hands and our team was able to function again as a complete team working together.
As you can see from both examples, the key to interviewing success is simply preparing for the questions and having a
mental outline to follow when responding to each question. Preparing stories or examples that illustrate how you solved
the problem or how you performed in an outstanding way will help you respond to any behavioural question that comes
50 most asked Behavioural Questions
• Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation and how you overcame the situation
• Tell me about a difficult decision you’ve made in the last year
• Give an example of a time when a project you were on failed
• Provide an example of when you showed initiative and took the lead
• Tell me about a situation where you have had to speak with an unhappy customer Download free ebooks at bookboon.com 17 Interview Secrets Exposed
• Give me an example of a time when you motivated others and how this led to a positive outcome
• Give an example of a goal you s...
View Full Document
- Fall '13