Unformatted text preview: oment or two to collect your thoughts.
• “Cheat Notes” Prepare beforehand with notes to help drive you through the interview. If the interview is
going to be technical, have notes ready to prompt yourself if needed.
• Don’t forget to ask questions. (For tips on the best interview questions to ask go to the “Tips from the Pros”
page of www.redstarresume.com) Download free ebooks at bookboon.com 27 Interview Secrets Exposed
What NOT to do during the phone interview:
• Don’t eat, drink, chew gum
• DO NOT SMOKE
• Don’t interrupt the interviewer
• Don’t answer with just a “yes” and “no”- elaborate your answers, provide examples if applicable
• Don’t be too casual/informal Please click the advert • Don’t use long-winded answers to questions We will turn your CV into
an opportunity of a lifetime Do you like cars? Would you like to be a part of a successful brand?
We will appreciate and reward both your enthusiasm and talent.
Send us your CV. You will be surprised where it can take you. Send us your CV on
www.employerforlife.com Download free ebooks at bookboon.com 28 Interview Secrets Exposed Top 10 Job Interview Blunders What should you NOT do in an interview? A poll into interview blunders found that when hiring managers were asked to
name the most common and damaging interview mistakes candidates can make, 51% listed dressing inappropriately. 49%
percent cited badmouthing a former boss as the worst offense, while 48% said appearing disinterested. Arrogance (44%),
insufficient answers (30%) and not asking good questions (29%) were also top answers.
Below is a top 10 selection of mistakes to avoid. A big part of a successful interview is avoiding simple mistakes. Mistakes
are deadly to the job seeker and easy to avoid if you are prepared:
• Arriving Late
Get directions from the interviewer – or look up the location on a man. Wear a watch, and leave home early. In the
extreme case that you cannot avoid being late, call the int...
View Full Document
- Fall '13
- behavioural questions, Download free eBooks