PLAYING_LOTTERY_work_in_progress

You play 5 times task construct probability

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: NCE YOU WIN. YOU PLAY 5 TIMES. TASK: CONSTRUCT PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTION FOR THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU WIN. n = 5 (how many times you play lottery) two possible outcomes for each trial: win or lose p = 10% (probability of winning), q = 90% probability of losing X = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (number of times we could win playing 5 times) X P(X) Explanation: 0 0.59049 1 0.32805 2 0.07290 3 0.0081 4 0.00045 5 0.00001 Binomial Probability Notation: And by definition: X 0 1 2 3 4 5 P(X) 0.59049 0.32805 0.07290 P(X=2)=binompdf(n,p,x) P(X<=2)=binomcdf(n,p,x) 0.0081 0.00045 0.00001...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 06/18/2013 for the course MATH 124 taught by Professor Staff during the Spring '08 term at S.F. State.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online