This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 5. A man with brown eyes marries a woman with blue eyes. They have 12 brown-eyed children.
What are the genotypes of the man, his wife and all the children?
6. A brown-eyed man marries a blue-eyed woman. They have four children, two with brown eyes,
and two with blue eyes. What are the genotypes of all these people?
7. A brown-eyed man with a blue-eyed mother marries a brown-eyed woman with a blue-eyed
father. What is the probability that their first child will be brown-eyed? That the second child
will be brown-eyed?
8. A man and a woman have 24 children. Of the children, 17 have brown eyes and 7 of the children
have blue eyes. What are the genotypes of the parents?
9. Assume that the dimple is inherited as a simple dominant gene. A dimpled man whose mother
has no dimple marries a woman with no dimple. What is the probability that they will have a
child with a dimple?
10. Sickle cell anemia (SCA) is a human genetic disorder caused by a recessive allele. A couple
plans to marry and wants to know the probability that they will have an affected child....
View Full Document