This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: • getint()
– Returns next integer read in • getdouble()
– Returns next double precision real number read • getfloat()
– Returns next single precision real number read • The functions ‘hide’ a nasty bit of C syntax
– Try it – SAVE THIS EXAMPLE FOR LATER
04/29/09 R. Smith - University of St Thomas - Minnesota 7 Input Example
• Let’s modify an earlier example to collect input • SAVE THIS EXAMPLE FOR LATER 04/29/09 R. Smith - University of St Thomas - Minnesota 8 Conditional ‘flow’ in a program
• Automatic systems were traditionally rigid
– Follow the same steps every time – Music boxes, player pianos, automobile controls • Computers support conditional flow
– Change the steps being performed according to inputs • This is different from changing a function input
– Allows a...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 07/14/2013 for the course CISC 130 taught by Professor Smith during the Fall '08 term at St. Thomas.
- Fall '08