This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: h as
e. Country- most bond funds only buy domestic
issues, but some buy foreign company and
6. Short term and intermediate term funds- focus on bonds in
a specific maturity range a. Short term is said to be around 5 years while
intermediate term is around 10 years
7. General funds- kind of a catch-all
8. High- Yield funds- specialize in low-credit quality issues.
Such issues have higher yields because of their greater
risks, these can be quite volatile
9. Mortgage Funds- Ginnie Mae
a. There are no municipal mortgage back securities yet
10. World Funds- all taxable funds
11. Insured Funds- this is a type of municipal bond fund.
Backed by insurance, resulting in a smaller chance of
12. Single- state municipal funds- this classification only refers
to long-term funds
2. Stock and Bond Funds- these funds do not invest exclusively in either bonds or
stocks, and are often called blended or hybrid funds
a. Balance Funds- maintain a relatively fixed split between sto...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 07/22/2013 for the course FIN 331 taught by Professor Pinto,k during the Fall '08 term at N. Arizona.
- Fall '08