15. Which of the following is NOT a function of the roots?
B. Storage C. Support D. Water acquisition
E. All of the above are functions of the roots
16. I am looking at a plant. It has a ring of discrete vascular bundles, leaves with pinnate
five petaled flowers. What kind of plant is it?
A. Herbaceous Monocot
B. Herbaceous Dicot
C. Woody Monocot D. Woody Dicot
Use the diagrams below to answer questions 17-20
17. Which of the above illustrations above are of roots?
18. Which of the above illustrations are of dicots?
A. III B. IV C. I, III D. III, IV
E. I, III, IV
19. Which of the above illustrations shows secondary growth?
A. II B. III C. II, III
D. III, IV
E. II, III, IV
20. Which of the above illustrations represents herbaceous stems?
A. II B. III
C. II, III
D. III, IV E. II, III, IV
21. All of the characteristics below are found in monocots except:
A. Flower parts in 3's B. Seeds C. Fibrous root system
D. Secondary xylem
E. Scattered vascular bundles
22. Which of the tissues below are examples of dermal tissue?
B. Endodermis C. Pallisade Mesophyll
Use the key below to answer questions 23-26
I. Collenchyma IV Sieve-tube element
II. Parenchyma V. Tracheids and vessels
24. Which of the above cell types have a function in supporting the plant?
A. I B. III C. I, III
D. I, III, V
E. I, II, III, V
25. Which of the following conduct water and/or photosynthate?
A. II B. IV C. V
D. IV, V
E. II, IV
26. Which of the following cell types is a “fiber”
A. I B. II
D. IV E. V
27. Which of the above cell types are living at functional maturity
A. II B. I, II
C. I, II, IV
D. I, II, V E. I, II, IV, V