This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ions on the basis of land-use and architectural, structural and geodetic
(line and grade), sanitary and plumbing, electrical, mechanical and fire as well as other standard
requirements, rules and regulations promulgated in accordance with the National Building Code.
3. He shall submit an annual situation report to the Minister of the Ministry of Public Works,
(MPW) or his authorized representative on the status of all existing, on-going, and proposed
public as well as private building activities within his area and shall undertake an annual
inspection of all buildings and keep an up-to-date record of their status in relation to: conformity
of use as per zoning regulations and approved permit, architectural or urban design
presentability, structural stability and fire protection.
4. He shall review and evaluate the designs, plans, and programs with the corresponding
specifications, estimates and other necessary building documents of all building projects under
5. He shall inspect the construction, repair, addition, renovation and/or demolition of all buildings
in accordance with the National Building Code and approved Land-Use or Master Development
Plan of the city or municipality and shall have the right to enter into any building, building site,
or its surrounding premises and into any new or unoccupied building or building complex. The
owner of said building or building complex and building site shall be duly informed of the findings and recommendations by the Building Official within a reasonable period of time.
6. He shall avail of the assistance and services of the various law-enforcing agencies, if and when
deemed necessary, for the effective performance of his duties.
7. He shall see to it that the technical staff charged with the various aspects of administrative
control and or supervision of buildings are qualified professionals who are duly registered
architects, engineers , master electricians, master plumbers, etc., with a minimum of three (3)
years experience in their respective professions or field of specialization.
8. He shall coordinate with the other government officials and officers-in-charge of various aspects
of planning and development such as the governor, the city/municipal mayors, the
district/city/municipal engineers, the planning and/or development officers and others.
9. He shall keep a permanent record and accurate account of all fees and other charges fixed and
authorized to be collected and received under Rule III.
10. Subject to existing budgetary, accounting and auditing rules and regulations, the Building
Official shall be authorized to retain not more than twenty percent (20%) of his collection. All
income derived from such fees and charges shall not be disposed except in the manner to be
determined hereinafter by the Minister. He shall cause the remaining eighty percent (80%) to be
deposited with the respective city or municipal treasurer. Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, TRANS...
View Full Document
- Fall '12