Building Code of the Philippines(1)

Of public works transportation and communications on

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: n and Collection of Fees (Prescribing the new rates) Sharing of Fees - Section 208 of the code provides that the Building Official is hereby authorized to retain not more than 20% of his collection for the operating expenses of his office and that the remaining 80% shall be deposited with the provincial, city or municipal treasurer and shall accrue to the general fund of the province, city or municipality. Role of Local Executives: Local executives shall cease to exercise the function of issuing building permits upon the effectivity of the implementing rules of the Building Code. In the absence of a Building Official in the city/municipality they shall forward applications for building permits except for buildings exempt from the operation of the code to the nearest DPWTC District Engineer. As a part of their executive function they shall oversee the implementation of the code within their respective jurisdiction and call the attention of the Building Official, copy furnished the Secretary of Public Works, Transportation and Communications on any problem or irregularities that may occur or arise. They shall assist in the conduct of informational campaign to secure the compliance of the citizens to the code to assure that local buildings and structures are maintained in a safe, sanitary and good working condition and that the required environmental safeguards are met. The names and bio-data of municipal and city engineers may be submitted to the Secretary DPWTC so that they may be considered for designation as building officials. Please be guided accordingly. (SG.) ALDREDO L. JUINIO DPWTC (SGD.) JOSE A. RONO DLGCD MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS: This Memorandum of Agreement entered into and executed this 1st day of August 1978, by and between The Ministry of National Defense herein represented by its Minister, Honorable Juan Ponce Enrile and The Ministry of Public Works, Transportation and Communications herein represented by its Minister, Honorable Alfredo L. Juinio WITNESSETH WHEREAS, the President enacted the National Building Code (NBC, PD 1096) on February 19, 1977 and the Fire Code of the Philippines (FCP, PD 1185) on August 26, 1977; WHEREAS, the NBC applies to the design, location, siting, construction, alteration, repair, conversion, use, occupancy, maintenance, moving, demolition of, and addition to public and private buildings and structures, except traditional indigeneous family dwellings as defined therein; WHEREAS, the FCP is primarily concerned with the proper maintenance, safety and protection of buildings and structures against fire; WHEREAS, the implementing rules and regulations of the FCP, among other things, also apply to the design and installation of electrical systems and mechanical and refrigeration equipment, as well as to the architectural, structural and other engineering requirements of buildings; WHEREAS, the above cited implementing rules and regulations of FCP particularly Divisions 2-15 of Ru...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 09/22/2013 for the course ARIDBE AR taught by Professor Any during the Fall '12 term at Mapúa Institute of Technology.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online