Unformatted text preview: ucture or any portion/s
thereof which has different requirements. 1.8 REPAIR – Remedial work done on any damaged or deteriorated portion/s of a
building/structure to restore its original condition. 1.9 MOVING – The transfer of any building/structure or portion/s thereof from its original location
or position to another, either within the same lot or to a different one. 1.10 DEMOLITION – The systematic dismantling or destruction of a building/structure, in whole or
1.11 ANCILLARY BUILDING/STRUCTURE – A secondary building/structure located within the
same premises the use of which is incidental to that of the main building/structure.
2. Building Permits:
No person, firm or corporation, including any agency or instrumentality of the government
shall erect, construct, alter, repair, move, convert or demolish any building or structure or cause the same to be done without first obtaining a building permit therefor from the Building Official assigned in the
place where the subject building is located or the building work is to be done.
However, a building permit shall not be required for the following construction and repairs;
provided that said constructions or repairs shall not violate any provisions of the Code and its
Implementing Rules and Regulations:
a) Minor Constructions:
1. Sheds, outhouses, greenhouses, children’s playhouses, aviaries, poultry houses and the like,
not exceeding 6 sq.m. in floor area, provided they are completely detached from any other
building and are intended only for the private use of the owner.
2. Addition of open terraces or patios resting directly on the ground, not exceeding 20 sq.m. in
floor area, exclusively for the private use of the owner.
3. Installation of window grilles.
4. Garden pools for the cultivation of water plants and/or aquarium fish not exceeding 500
millimeters in depth.
5. Erection of garden walls other than party walls not exceeding 1.80 meters in height,
cementing of footpaths, garden walks and/or driveways.
1. Repair works not affecting or involving any structural member, such as replacement of
deteriorated roofing sheets or tiles, gutters, downspouts, fascias, ceilings and/or sidings.
2. Repair of non loading-bearing partition walls.
3. Repairs of any interior portion of a house not involving addition or alteration.
4. Repair and/or replacement of windows.
5. Repair and/or replacement of flooring.
6. Repair of perimeter fences and walls.
7. Repair and/or replacement of sanitary or plumbing fixtures, such as toilet bowls and cisterns,
urinals and bidettes, pipes, faucets, valves, water pumps and/or tanks.
8. Repair or replacement of faulty or deteriorated wiring devices, fixtures and safety devices,
provided that no alteration shall be made on the service entrance and the main switch or
breaker, and that no additional circuits shall be added.
3. Requirements: Any person desiring to obtain a building permit shall file an application therefor in writing and
on the pre...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 09/22/2013 for the course ARIDBE AR taught by Professor Any during the Fall '12 term at Mapúa Institute of Technology.
- Fall '12