This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: arist. (CCC 1061-1065)
This should include:
• Being recollected and focusing on Our Lord
• In approaching Jesus, we reverence Him with a profound bow
• Receiving Him reverently either on our hand, which should form a throne or on the
• Saying the word Amen (I believe) in response to the priest saying “The Body of Christ” 8. 9. Once we receive Jesus in Holy Communion, we kneel down in prayer and thanksgiving.
We may close our eyes to give Him our full attention. We silently pray to Him and He listens.
Jesus is pleased when we share our life with Him. We also need to listen to Jesus.
Through the Eucharist:
• Christ unites the Church as one Body
• commits us to the poor and needy 10. We realize that Jesus is present in the Church, even after Mass, because the consecrated hosts
are reserved in the tabernacle. We may be with Jesus and adore Him in Church at any time.
The sanctuary candle that is lit means Jesus is present in the tabernacle.
(CCC 1377-1381) Recommended Booklets
My Booklet About God’s Love and Forgiveness (Leaflet Missal Company)
My Booklet About the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist (Leaflet Missal Company)
The Ten Commandments, Rev. Lawrence G. Lovasik, S.V.D. (Catholic Book Publishing Co)
Going to Confession, Rev. Lawrence G. Lovasik, S.V.D. (Catholic Book Publishing Co)
Receiving Holy Communion, Rev. Lawrence G. Lovasik, S.V.D. (Catholic Book Publishing Co) August 6th, 2009
Transfiguration of our Lord Diocese of La Crosse Page 14 of 22 Grade 2
III. Life In Christ
Section three is about how we need to respond to God by the way we live. As His children, we need to live as
God has asked. The Ten Commandments are God’s laws of love for all His people. Knowing God’s laws helps
us to do what is right and good and helps us to stay close to Jesus.
At Second Grade, the students should be led to understand, in a deeper way, the following Truths of Faith
except where a new teaching is introduced.
1. God is love. God reveals His love through creation. God created us in His image and likeness and loves
each person completely. We are children of God, Who is our loving Father.
(CCC 219-221, 2083, 2086, 1701-1703) 2. Since we are created in the image and likeness of God and He loves us, He wills that we love ourselves.
We show love for our soul by striving for holiness, through loving God and our neighbor. We show love
for our body by proper hygiene, by protecting it from harm and through modesty. Modesty is decency in
thoughts, words, deeds, and dress by not drawing attention to one particular part of the body.
(CCC 356-357, 2521-2524, 1264, 2514) 3. Since all people are created in the image and likeness of God and He loves each person, He wills that we
love all people. To love means to will the good of another. Willing the good of another means to be
selfless instead of selfish. Jesus wants us to treat others with kindness. (CCC 357, 1766, 2447, 2262) 4. God gave Moses the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandmen...
View Full Document
- Fall '13