Unformatted text preview: case 24 • Case Assignment Questions The Walt Disney Company:
Its Diversification Strategy in 2018
1. What is The Walt Disney Company’s corporate strategy?
2. What is your assessment of the long-term attractiveness of the industries represented in The Walt Disney
Company’s business portfolio?
3. What is your assessment of the competitive strength of The Walt Disney Company’s different business
4. What does a 9–cell industry attractiveness/business strength matrix displaying The Walt Disney Company’s
business units look like?
5. Does The Walt Disney’s portfolio exhibit good strategic fit? What value chain match-ups do you see? What
opportunities for skills transfer, cost sharing, or brand sharing do you see?
6. What is your assessment of The Walt Disney Company’s financial and operating performance in fiscal
years 2013-2017? What is your assessment of the relative contribution of each business unit to the financial
strength of Disney based on the 2015 through 2017 fiscal year financial data?
7. What actions do you recommend that The Walt Disney Company’s management take to improve the company
and increase shareholder value? Are there specific actions that you recommend to successfully integrate the
21st Century Fox or improve the likelihood of success for Disney’s direct-to-consumer and over-the-top
media services? Your recommended actions must be supported with a convincing, analysis-based argument. Questions #1-6: Answer each question in the analysis of your report. Be professional assume you are writing the report to the CEO using
appropriate headings and language. For example question #1 should have the heading "Key Elements of Strategy"
Additional requirement: Issues (Pick maximum of 2 issues).
#7: Alternatives (Have 2 alternatives with pros and cons to address each of the above issues)
Additional requirement: Recommend an alternative to address each of your issues.
Additional requirement: Provide a feasible implementation plan. Do some research on the cost of the suggested alternatives (suggesting
marketing? how much would that marketing plan cost) and provide a time line. ...
View Full Document