Multiple Choice Questions CH1459. (p. 437) Which of the following is NOT advice from career coach Richard Knowdell for staying ahead in the workplace of tomorrow? A. Develop new and diverse capacities B. Anticipate, adapt to and embrace change C. Focus on workplace learning rather than the classroom D. When considering a job or industry, don't rely on reputation E. Develop your communication skills One tip is to keep learning. "You can take a one- or two-day course in a new subject," says Knowdell, "just to get an idea of whether you want to use those specific skills and to see if you would be good at it. Then, if there is a match, you could seek out an extended course."
60. (p. 438) Leadership is the ability to ______ employees to pursue organizational goals. A.
61. (p. 438) _______ is about coping with complexity and ______ is about coping with change.
62. (p. 438) According to Kotter, management and leadership are considered to be A. opposing
63. (p. 438) According to Kotter, companies manage complexity in which of the following ways? A. Organizing resources B. Motivating people C. Lobbying the government D. Innovating new products E. Setting a direction According to Kotter, companies manage complexity by planning and budgeting, organizing and staffing, and controlling and problem solving.
64. (p. 439) Of the following, which is the best way for leaders to cope with change? A.
65. (p. 439) According to Frederick Smith, chairman and CEO of FedEx, the primary task of leadership is to A. ensure progressive control and problem solving. B. align resources within the