This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: devices.
• pdoping is currently very difficult and inefficient and has prevented mass manufacturing of ZnObased wafers.
• Highpurity ZnO grown on substrates other than sapphire has been challenging.
• Zinc oxide shows great potential for nanoscale electromechanical fabrication.
• Highlysymmetric, singlycrystalline nanoneedles, nanowires, nanobelts, nanorings, nanohelixes, nanocombs, etc.
• Hexagonal (wurtzite) structure helps latticematching and controlled growth.
• Positive Zn surfaces and negative O surfaces create electric dipoles that facilitate polarization growth along certain directions and planes under applied voltage and temperature. 8 NanoStructures 9 10 12/03/2007 11 12/03/2007 12 Summary
• ZnO displays dual semiconductor and piezoelectric properties.
Used in laser diodes and LED’s.
Potential to be used as a wide-bandgap semiconductor.
Widely used in many other fields (medicine, farming, pigments).
Zinc oxide nanostructure growth is heavily researched...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 10/10/2013.
- Fall '13