Unformatted text preview: , and does the project have that person’s active support?
16. ____ Does the project manager’s workload allow him or her to devote an adequate
amount of time to the project?
17. ____ Does the project have well-defined, detailed milestones ("binary milestones") that
are considered to be either 100 percent done or 100 percent not done?
18. ____ Can a project stakeholder easily find out which of these binary milestones have
19. ____ Does the project have a feedback channel by which project members can
anonymously report problems to their own managers and upper managers?
20. ____ Does the project have a written plan for controlling changes to the software’s
21. ____ Does the project have a Change Control Board that has final authority to accept or
reject proposed changes?
22. ____ Are planning materials and status information for the project—including effort
and schedule estimates, task assignments, and progress compared to the plan thus
far—available to every team member?
23. ____ Is all source code placed under automated revision control?
24. ____ Does the project environment include the basic tools needed to complete the
project, including defect tracking software, source code control, and project
25. ____ Does the project plan articulate a list of current risks to the project? Has the list
been updated recently?
26. ____ Does the project have a project risk officer who is responsible for identifying
emerging risks to the project?
27. ____ If the project uses subcontractors, does it have a plan for managing each
subcontract organization and a single person in charge of each one? (Give the
project full score if it doesn’t use subcontractors.)
28. ____ Does the project team have all the technical expertise needed to complete the
29. ____ Does the project team have expertise with the business environment in which the
software will operate?
30. ____ Does the project have a technical leader capable of leading the project
View Full Document