This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: s between Plan and Non-Plan
Heads has been done correctly? Running Queries in MS Access to Analyse VLC Data
Some of the important “ICONS” in MS Access Queries Module are given below: Press this
icon to view
the data after
query Press this
icon to run a
query Press this icon
to select the
type of query Press this
functions Press this
icon to add
tables in a
query Query - 1
Let us join ‘Bundl_SM’ table (contains records for each Major Head Bundle
corresponding to each of the Treasury Accounts in Jharkhand) and ‘MJH_M’ table
(Major Head Master) and see if there are any ‘Major Head Codes’ in ‘Bundl_SM’
table, that are not available in ‘MJH_M’ table.
• Open Access
• Go to Queries Module
• Select New on the Menu Bar
• Select Design View and press OK. You will see all the tables available in
the database in the Show Table dialog box
• Select Bundl_SM and press Add (You can also double-click the name of
the table to select it). You will see the Bundl_SM table on the screen
• Next select MJH_M and press Add. You will see the MJH_M table on the
screen IT Audit Manual Volume III 109 IT Audit Manual
• Press Close
• Click on MJH_CD in Bundl_SM table and pull it over the MJH_CD in
MJH_M table. You will see a link / join between the two tables on the field
Note: There are three types of joins in Access viz.
• An inner join, which is the default join and includes only rows where the
joined fields from both tables are equal.
• A left outer join which includes all records from the first table (in this case,
the Bundl_SM table) and only those records from the second table (in this
case, the MJH_M table) where the joined fields are equal.
• A right outer join which includes all records from the second table (in this
case, the MJH_M table) and only those records from the first table (in this
case, the Bundl_SM table) where the joined fields are equal.
• Double click the link between the two tables. You will see a small box
containing the Join Properties. This box gives the details of the two tables
and the columns / fields on which the tw...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 10/27/2013 for the course LAW 10-100 taught by Professor Parsons during the One '10 term at Bond College.
- One '10