This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: of solar must confront energy storage techniques
Methods of storage (all have challenges):
• conventional batteries (lead-acid; cheapest option)
• exotic batteries (need development)
• hydrogen fuel (could power fleet of cars, but inefficient)
• global electricity grid (always sunny somewhere)
• pumped water storage (not much capacity) What if I put solar in my own home?
Can either run from batteries (bank of 12 gives
roughly one day’s worth) or stay on grid
usually design off-grid system for ~3 days no-sun In CA (and 37 other states), they d...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 12/05/2013.
- Fall '13