This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: f a set of vectors.
Linear dependence, linear independence, dependence relation. Skills to acquire
1. Design the elementary matrix associated to a given elementary row operation.
2. Find the inverse of an elementary matrix E as the elementary matrix of the elementary row
operation that “cancels” the operation encoded by E .
3. Compute A−1 by elementary row operations.
4. Solve the consistency problem.
5. Decide if a set S of vectors is linearly dependent or independent by solving the associated homogeneous linear system.
6. Knowledge of the Fundamental Theorem. C EDRIC C HAUVE , FALL 2013 1...
View Full Document