LESSON: The Holocaust - History and Memory
WORKSHEET: Virtual Field Trip Questions
INSTRUCTIONS: For each scene in the virtual field trip, answer the questions below.
HALL OF WITNESS
1. The Museum’s architect used structures and materials from Holocaust sites - including former camps - as
inspiration for the Museum’s design. What building materials and structures do you see in this Hall?
2. Does this space remind you of any buildings or places you’ve seen? How does it make you feel? Yes, like
trains, stations, prisons etc. It makes me feel uneasy and confused.
3. What does the architecture suggest your Museum experience will be like? Does it remind you of anything
you’ve studied or experienced? S
ad, scary, confined, etc.
1. How many Jews were killed in the Holocaust? About 6 million.
2. Which photos are you drawn to and why? A group photo of them, I think that it shows they helped each other
and support each other in hard situations.
How would you describe the people of Ejszyszki? diversity of
humans, from religious and traditional to modern.
3. Hundreds of years of Jewish civilization was annihilated during the Holocaust. How does getting a
glimpse of life in one community help visitors understand the human losses? The pictures show the
living of people from just a town to show their great human toll.
1. What was Kristallnacht?