This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: na
• Liver: produces it after meals, releases into bldstream btw meals
• Remaining organs store in own cells for later use…muscle
contraction, embryo nutrition, etc.
contraction, • Starch- energy-storage molc of plants…store when
photosynthesizing, use it during nights/winter
• Cellulose- strengthens plant cell walls, not digestible by us;
dietarily important as fiber, roughage in digestive tract
• Major source of energy since rapidly available to tissue cells
All carbs broken down into glucose, then used to make ATP
Glycolipids, glycoproteins, etc- conjugated (or combined)
compounds that serve functional purposes (aid in cell
structure, mucus & gel production, etc.)
• ‘Hydrophobic’ o.molecule; general formula of...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/12/2014 for the course ZOO 250 taught by Professor Staff during the Fall '08 term at S.E. Louisiana.
- Fall '08