This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: down? ________ minutes
11. Is the unit solar powered? Yes No Walmart’s Sustainability Strategy (A) OIT-71A p. 31 12. Can the unit be recharged with a solar powered recharger included with the unit? Yes No
13. Is the product RoHS Directive compliant? (The European Union RoHS Directive stands for "the restriction of
the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment".) Yes No Not
Applicable (Please explain: _____________________)
14. What are the total volumes of the following materials in the product?
a) Cadmium _____ (ppm)
b) Mercury ______(ppm)
c) Lead _____(ppm)
d) Hexavalent Chromium ______ (ppm)
e) Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB) ______ (ppm)
f) Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE) ______(ppm)
13. Do any of the product components contain paints, coatings, plastics, or other materials containing short chain
chlorinated paraffins (SCCPs)? Yes No
14. Does the product contain any polyvinyl chloride (PVC)? Yes No 15. What percentage of the product contains postconsumer recycled content? _____% (by weight)
16. What percentage of the plastic components is made from rapidly renewable plant-based sources? _____% (by
Durability and Upgradability:
17. Can the unit be easily upgraded/maintained by the consumer? Examples include the ability to add additional
memory/storage capacity, access/replace rechargeable batteries, clean heads/moving parts, obtain replacements
for parts that break or wear out (keypads, controllers/remotes, gaskets/seals, cables, fuses, etc.). Yes No
If yes, please describe how: __________________________________________
18. What is the duration of the factory warranty? _____________ (days)
19. Is the company ISO 14001 or EMAS (European Union Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) certified? Yes No
20. What percentage of the company’s vendors are ISO 14001 or EMAS certified? _______%
21. Does the company publish an annual corporate sustainability report consistent with the Global Reporting
Initiative (GRI) guidelines? Yes No
22. What percentage of the energy consumed by the com...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/14/2014 for the course LGST 210 taught by Professor Sep during the Winter '10 term at UPenn.
- Winter '10