This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: rce: Information provided by Walmart. Collaborate with our Network
Members to build capacity for
manufacturing Walmart’s Sustainability Strategy (A) OIT-71A p. 30 Exhibit 7
Sample Product Questionnaire for Buyers (Electronics)
1. What percentage of product packaging is postconsumer recycled content? ________
2. What are the primary packaging materials? (Please identify approximate percentage by material type.)
______________________________________________________________ 3. Complete the product packaging scorecard available at <insert URL>. Enter resulting score: _____ Product Certifications:
4. Is the product certified/recognized by any of the following programs? Please provide a copy of the
certification/license/listing. Energy Star TCO Development Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT)
Please specify: □ Bronze □ Silver □ Gold Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Green Seal Environmental Choice European Union Flower Blue Angel Nordic Swan Other (Please specify: ____________)
Product Recycling and Takeback:
5. Does the manufacturer offer a take-back program so consumers can easily return the product for reuse,
remanufacturing or recycling? Yes No Limited (Please explain: _____________________)
If yes, what is the additional cost to the consumer? __________
6. Are all of the product components clearly labeled to facilitate product disassembly and recycling? Yes No 7. Can any hazardous components be easily separated from the other materials to facilitate product recycling? Yes No 8. Is the product designed for easy disassembly by recycling facilities using standard industry tools? Yes No Energy Consumption:
9. What is the total energy consumption when the device is in each of the following modes:
a) ______ (watts) in the “off” setting
b) ______ (watts) in the “standby” or “sleep” mode
c) ______ (watts) in the fully operational mode
10. What is the default time limit before the unit automatically powers...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/14/2014 for the course LGST 210 taught by Professor Sep during the Winter '10 term at UPenn.
- Winter '10