This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: . saving of 35-45%.
• Will save approx. $ 22 700 a year
in electricity costs.
• A 2 year simple pay back. Two Residence Inititiatives Recycled cardboard at residence
move in. Mattress
Objective is to establish a benchmark for all the buildings
on campus. Use it to identify possible improvements
and measure the change.
Working with Green Globes (building assessment tool) to
develop a tool for rating buildings in a campus
Will be complete by December, 2009. Benchmarking DRAFT! Benchmarking DRAFT! Benchmarking DRAFT! Benchmarking Examples of potential savings – draft only!! Recycling Program Tune Up
Objective is to evaluate the recycling program and
maximize the diversion rate on campus.
• Total waste 08-09 was 2 225 mt’s
• Diverted 40% through composting and recycling.
• Composted 165 mt’s out of Res Commons.
• Working to add composting to the Unicentre. Recycling Program Tune Up
Education and Awareness – Signage and label...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/13/2014 for the course ECOR 1010 taught by Professor Zao during the Winter '10 term at Carleton CA.
- Winter '10