This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ects to date include:
– furniture re-use,
special waste depots,
revamp of the recycling program
launch of the sustainability site www.carleton.ca/physicalplant/sustainability
– The soon to be Green Team Program Furniture Reuse
Objective is to divert unwanted material/
furniture from landfill.
• In 6 months of operation we have
diverted a total of 21 mt.
• Avoided landfill costs $2500
• Generated revenue $3000 ($800 UW)
• $4000 in avoided costs to departments
wanting furniture. Special Waste Depots
Objective is to divert various special
wastes from the landfill.
• Established 4 depots around
• More depots will be added.
• Collect batteries, printer toner
cartridges and cell phones.
• Bring from home as
well. Vending Misers
Objective is to reduce the energy used by
vending machines on campus. !
• Working with Dining services,
installing misers on 195 machines.
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/13/2014 for the course ECOR 1010 taught by Professor Zao during the Winter '10 term at Carleton CA.
- Winter '10