Unformatted text preview: ed.
• How respondents described their own
organization's computer security?
• Threats to Security
Connectivity Complexity Which of the following statements best describes
your organization's computer security?
your Does your organization have a data recovery plan to
implement in the event of catastrophic data loss?
implement In your opinion, what are the computer security
issues that your organization needs to address? The Risks are Real
• • Lost laptops and portable storage devices
• Data/Information “left” on public computers
• Data/Information intercepted in transmission
• Spyware, “malware,” “keystroke logging”
• Unprotected computers infected within seconds
of being connected to the network
• Thousands of attacks on campus networks
every day Document
Situation Analysis Report
Analysis Risk Management Flow
Risk • Investigate
• Analyze: Risk Identification Identify the
• Analyze : Risk Control investigate how to
• Maintain Information Security Program
Information Links in the Security Chain: Management, Operational, and Technical Controls Risk assessment Access control mechanisms Security planning Identification & authentication mechanisms Security policies and procedures
(Biometrics, tokens, passwords) Contingency planning Audit...
View Full Document