This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ol
• Bulimics: depressed & anxious, low impulse control, lack
stable sense of personal identity • Food
Food cravings triggered by stress & negative mood guilt,
self-contempt, anxiety purging to reduce negative feelings Causes of Anorexia & Bulimia
Genetic factors predispose some people towards eating
disorders (e.g. Identical twins & 1st-degree cousins)
Physiological Factors (e.g. Abnormal activity of
serotonin, leptin, & other chemicals); BUT is it a cause
– Stomach acids in mouth from vomiting cause taste
insensitivity making the unpleasant taste of vomit more
Treatment is difficult, but can succeed in half cases 11
Create PDF files without this message by purchasing novaPDF printer (http://www.novapdf.com) 11/30/2009 Sexual Motivation
Why the urge to have sex?
– Biological reproductive motive
– BUT conception is not always the ultimate goal (e.g.
some masturbate & old people still practice sex)
Pleasure, but why?
• Explained by EVOLUTION (passing of genes)
Studies found that a...
View Full Document
- Fall '14