Unformatted text preview: ation, and autocovariance
• Stationarity • Time-invariant ﬁltering of random processes S-5
• Power spectral density • Optimal detection of a signal in noise using the matched ﬁlter
• Markov chains 19. Attendance and Expectations: Attendance is not mandatory. However, students are expected
to know all material covered in class, even if it is not in the book. Furthermore, the instructor
plans to give a variety of graded questions during lectures with no make-up option. The two
lowest scores of these graded questions will be dropped.
20. Grading: Grading for on-campus students will be based on three exams (30% each) and
class participation, selected homework problems, and quizzes (10%). Grading for EDGE
students will be based on three exams (25% each), homework (15%), and class participation
and quizzes (10%). The participation score will take into account in-class participation,
e-mail or instant messaging exchanges, discussions outside of class, etc.
Homework sets for off-campus students will be graded on a a spot-check basis: if I give ten
problems, I may only be able to grade four or ﬁve of them. Homework will be accepted late
up to two times, with an automatic 25% reduction in grade.
No formal project is required, but, as mention above, students will be required to use MATLAB
in solving some homework problems.
When students request that a submission (test or homework...
View Full Document
- Fall '08
- Probability, Probability theory, Random Processes