This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: .23 Barriers to consumer adoption
• No perceived benefit
Lack of trust
Lack of skills Cost Slide 1.24 Activity – drivers and barriers to adoption
• You are in a team of advisers at a local business link (a local government agency encouraging adoption of e‐commerce)
– Drivers to adoption of sell‐side e‐commerce by business and how you can reinforce these by marketing benefits.
– Barriers to adoption of sell‐side e‐commerce by business and how you can reinforce these by stressing benefits. Slide 1.25 Cost/efficiency and competitiveness drivers
• Cost/efficiency drivers
– Increasing speed with which supplies can be obtained
Increasing speed with which goods can be dispatched
Reduced sales and purchasing costs
Reduced operating costs. • Competitiveness drivers
– Customer demand
– Improving the range and quality of services offered
– Avoid losing market share to businesses already using e‐
commerce. Slide 1.26 Tangible and intangible benefits
Increased sales from new sales leads giving rise to increased revenue from:
new customers, new markets
existing customers (repeat‐selling)
existing customers (cross‐selling).
Marketing cost reductions from:
reduced time in customer service
reduced printing and distribution costs of marketing communications.
Supply‐chain cost reductions from:
reduced levels of inventory
increased competition from suppliers
shorter cycle time in ordering.
Administrative cost reductions from more efficient routine business processes such as recruitment, invoice payment and holiday authorization. Intangible benefits
Corporate image communication
Enhancement of brand
More rapid, more responsive marketing communications including PR
Faster product development lifecycle enabling faster response to market needs
Improved customer service
Learning for the future
Meeting customer expectations to have a web site
Identifying new partners, supporting existing partners better
Better management of marketing information and customer information
Feedback from customers on products Slide 1.27 Figure 1.6 Attitudes to business benefits of online technologies
to business benefits of online technologies Source: DTI (2002) Slide 1.28 Figure 1.7 North West Supplies Ltd site (www.northwestsupplies.co.uk)
West Supplies Ltd site Source: Opportunity Wales Slide 1.29 Figure 1.8 Adoption of I...
View Full Document
- Winter '14