This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ah is also a placement worker but
is paid a commission of $35.00 for every job placement that she completes.
David Facini, a part-time maintenance worker, is paid $6.75 per hour.
For the week ending October 24, the office recorded the following
• Total office sales for the week were $8,420.00.
• Susan Dilloway worked a total of 38½ hours.
• Doris Franco worked a total of 41¼ hours.
• Phone sales for the week were $1,375.00.
• Pam Darrah made seven job placements.
• David Facini worked a total of 23 hours. Instructions Using the form provided in your working papers, calculate the
gross earnings for the workers at Job Connect for the week ending October 24. Analyze
334 Identify the employee who had the highest gross earnings. Chapter 12 Problems 308-337_CH12_868829.indd 334 9/15/05 11:46:43 AM Winning Competitive Events C HAPTER 12 Practice your test-taking skills! The questions on this page are reprinted with permission
from national organizations:
• Future Business Leaders of America
• Business Professionals of America
Use a separate sheet of paper to record your answers. Future Business Leaders of America
1. Which form is considered the Withholding Allowance Certificate?
e. none of these answers
2. Julie earns $18.50 per hour. She is paid overtime (time and one-half) for hours
worked on Sunday. The first Sunday in June she worked 6 hours, giving her
46 hours for the week. What were her gross wages if total taxes withheld equaled
d. $906.50 Business Professionals of America
3. The Accumulated Earnings column of the employee earnings record
a. shows net pay for the year.
b. is the total earnings since the first of the year.
c. shows net pay for one quarter.
d. is the gross earnings for one quarter.
4. The Medicare tax is calculated by
a. multiplying total earnings by the tax rate.
b. multiplying net earnings by the tax rate.
c. using a...
View Full Document