This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: tax table.
d. none of these
5. Jacqueline earns 18% commission on sales. Her sales for three months were:
$2,870, $3,150, and $3,940. What was her total commission for the three months?
Need More Help?
Go to lencoeaccounting.glencoe.com nd
Go to glencoeaccounting.glencoe.com and
click on Student Center. Click on Winning
Competitive Events and select Chapter 12.
• Practice Questions and Test-Taking Tips
• Concept Capsules and Terminology glencoeaccounting.glencoe.com 308-337_CH12_868829.indd 335 Chapter 12 Winning Competitive Events 335 10/13/05 10:23:20 PM CHAPTER 12 Real-World Applications and Connections Critical
Thinking Payroll Accounting CASE Payroll: Financial Planning a er
mattof )) STUDY ETHICS $ ))
ACCOUNTING 336 1. Define gross earnings.
2. Compare and contrast gross earnings and net pay.
3. Classify the following deductions as voluntary or required by law: county
income tax, dental insurance payment, federal income tax, Medicare
insurance payment, United Way donation, vision insurance payment.
4. Refer to the payroll register on page 320 and look at the entry for Amy Cole.
What documents were used to calculate Amy’s net pay?
5. You need to create a new employee’s earnings record for an employee whose
record has been lost. What information will you need, and where will you
6. Justify the fact that a business can have different pay categories for
You are employed by Tallman Financial Advisors, owned by Marcy Tallman.
Parker’s Framing hired Tallman to design its payroll system. Parker’s Framing
will offer group health insurance to its employees and a retirement plan that will
require contributions from both the employer and employees. Marcy has assigned
the Parker’s Framing payroll project to you.
1. Draft a one-page report describing the payroll system you would design for
Parker’s Framing. Include information on payroll forms, how hours worked
will be collected, and payroll deductions.
View Full Document