{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

Letter and mail it to the court and to all other

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Form SC-150 (or write a What if I lose the case? letter) and mail it to the court and to all other people listed If you lose, you can appeal. You’ll have to pay a fee. on your court papers before the deadline. Enclose a check (Plaintiffs cannot appeal their own claims.) for your court fees, unless a fee waiver was granted. • If you were at the trial, file Form SC-140, Notice of Appeal. You must file within 30 days after the judge’s decision. Need help? • If you were not at the trial, fill out and file Form Your county’s Small Claims Advisor can help for free. SC-135, Notice of Motion to Vacate Judgment and Declaration, to ask the judge to cancel the judgment (decision). If the judge does not give you a new trial, you have 10 days to appeal the decision. File Form SC-140. Or go to www.courts.ca.gov/smallclaims/advisor. For more information on appeals, see: www.courts.ca.gov/smallclaims/appeals. ? *Exceptions: Different limits apply in an action against a defendant who is a guarantor. (See Code Civ. Proc. § 116.220(c).) In an action brought by a natural person for damages for bodily injuries resulting from an automobile accident, a $7,500 limit applies if a defendant is covered by an automobile insurance policy that includes a duty to defend. (See Code Civ. Proc. § 116.221.) Revised January 1, 2012 Plaintiff’s Claim and ORDER to Go to Small Claims Court (Small Claims) SC-100, Page 4 of 5 SC-100 Información para el demandado (la persona demandada) ¿Tengo otras opciones? La “Corte de reclamos menores” es una corte especial donde se deciden casos por $5,000 ó menos. Una "persona Sí. Si lo están demandando, puede: • Resolver su caso antes del juicio. Si usted y el natural" (que no sea un negocio ni una entidad pública) Demandante se ponen de acuerdo en resolver el caso, puede reclamar hasta $10,000. Una “persona natural” (que ambos tienen que notificar a la corte. Pídale al Asesor de no sea un negocio ni una entidad públ...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online