This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Exchange workload performance comparison of end-to-end
solutions: Dell PowerEdge R710 with Dell EqualLogic storage vs. HP ProLiant GL385 G5 with HP
StorageWorks EVA 4400 7 Adding the iSCSI storage adapter in ESX (Dell only)
1. Click Start, All Programs, VMware, VMware vSphere client.
2. Click the Configuration tab.
3. Click Networking.
4. Click Add Networking…
5. Select the VMkernel radio button, and click Next.
6. Deselect any selected NICs that vSphere shows as “down.” Select the first of the available four NICs that
vSphere does not show as “down” in the Speed column. Click Next.
7. Assign a label to the network. Click Next.
8. Enter a valid IP address and subnet. Click Next.
9. Click Finish.
10. Click No when the application prompts you to enter a default gateway.
11. Click the Configuration tab.
12. Click Storage Adapters under Hardware pane.
13. Click iSCSI Software Adapter. Then, click Properties.
14. Click Configure.
15. Click Enabled.
16. Click OK.
17. After the applica...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 01/20/2014.
- Fall '11